Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Master Class

I'm not doing so well at keeping this blog updated!  Yesterday we had a Easter Master Class.  I had two different classes, but only took pictures at one of them.  I've usually down holiday themed classes before the actual holiday, but I think I liked doing it after because I was able to purchase all the students' prizes for 50% off the day after Easter.  Each week my students earn a ticket for each day of practice.  I'm going to have to be a little more strict on what needs to be accomplished to earn the ticket because I do have one student that somehow manages to practice 15 times a week!  Now I'm wondering if he put a check each time he played a song, but he sure scored on a lot of prizes from Master Class.  I love using Susan Paradis' web site and am so thankful that she provides so many great and creative materials for piano teachers for free.  Check her out here.  We used several of her easter note naming worksheets and played her ladybug game and baseball note naming game. 






I didn't have baseball erasers like Susan suggested, but I had these fun monster guys.  They sat on the white keys fine, but not on the black.  So we ended up "eating" the black keys for them to stay, which was fun.




My students are preparing for our upcoming spring recital at the end of May, and I will be sure to post pictures and videos from the recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment